NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

3.2

2008 Mercury Mountaineer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercury Mountaineer:

2008 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Mar 142016

Mountaineer

The retracing right step board will not return to closed position on the passenger side.

- Breckenridge, CO, USA

Sep 182015

Mountaineer

Whenever I drive in town or highway, I have been having issues with the power train/transmission. It is constantly slipping and shift hard. I found out there was a recall on my exact year, make, and model. I called Ford about the same exact issue I have as described by their site. But my VIN# doesn't show up as one of their recalls. Which doesn't make sense. So now I have to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket since they don't want to take into consideration that my vehicle is having the same exact issues as the other SUV.

- Ephrata, PA, USA

Nov 012010

Mountaineer 6-cyl

**************************engine will shutoff without warning********************** it has happened with various levels of gas, various weather conditions, and both while stopped and moving. The "check fuel filler inlet" light will come on. Sometimes, the check engine light will remain on, but will clear within the next startup or two. Car has been at dealers at least 4 times for issue. Engine throttle body and crankshaft sensors have been replaced. In the beginning, the vehicle would do this once or twice, then run perfectly for months at a time. Each time it is "fixed" by dealer, who claims they cannot replicate the problem. Lately it will stall 4-6 times within a 30 minute period. Last month, I was able to read code 2107. Today, it stalled again 6 times, no check engine light remains, no code to be read. When car is running normally, it sometimes hiccups and seems to run rough.

- San Antonio, TX, USA