8.0

1995 Mercury Sable engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Mercury Sable:

1995 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Aug 052006

Sable LS

When you first start this beast, it revs up to 1500, than comes back down to between 800-1000, than revs back up to 2000, than comes back down between 800-1000 rpms, than the idle begins to bounce below 1000 and the oil light flickers, not the "Check Oil" light, the other one which I'm assuming is for Oil Pressure, and then the engine shuts off. If you keep it running by holding the gas you are able to take off, but eventually the car will die again when you make a stop, or are traveling less than 10MPH. With this car, between my wife and I, we've put in a new Idle Air Control Sensor, Throttle Positioning Sensor, a Tune Up, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, obviously routine oil change, replaced a broken vacuum line... Among other obvious parts, but the above all gave a temporary fix. The car would run normal for near to 24 hours, than back to the same old thing. I'm thinking PCV Valve next, possibly coil pack, and I also heard from someone that I might want to look into the mass air flow sensor, and the fuel pump. Just hoping that someone else has had this much fun with this car and might have any help. I read a similar complaint about this year and model but it sounds more like a different problem than this. Any help or ideas would be great.

- , Duluth, MN, USA