1997 Mercury Sable brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Mercury Sable:

1997 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Feb 082008

here is the scoop. The brakes went out when my 16 yr-old daughter on a permit was driving. We made it to the mechanics. He discovered the ABS needed a new proportion valve. While I was there he called three Ford Dealers, two parts stores and two salvage yards. Dealer's computers said "OUT OF STOCK, UNAVAILABLE, DISCONTINUED.

My mechanic has checked statewide with salvage yards, crawled under cars looking, and still hasn't found the part, Last December I found a Ford Customer website. when I typed in the VIN the reply was "not supported by the catalog at this time, Other things are weird about this vehicle, like and overhead cam on a four cylinder engine? We've decided the car was some kind of sample. Why can't I get that part? At the time the car was only ten years old. The bloody state DMV wanted to tine me $50 for not getting the car inspected despite the fact I told them it wouldn't pass because it doesn't have any brakes. I had to take money from my daughter's college fund to buy us another car in Feb. 2008. The car has now been sitting since then and will have who knows what else wrong with it now. And I had just filled the freaking gas tankj! I even have repeatedly called the Car Talk radio program trying to get through and get help from Tom and Ray.In the words of Auntie Em,, if i wasn't a Christian woman I'd tell you what i really think1

- , Randleman, NC, USA