2.2

1998 Mercury Sable suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Mercury Sable:

1998 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Dec 212007

Sable 6-cyl

98 Sable wagon. (spring plate gave and spring blew out tire and damaged front end rods or arms, shock according to Ford service analysis) and left front end almost sitting on the ground. According to Ford analysis). I thought it was just a blow out so I had aaa come to tow it to my dealership. When the aaa driver saw the damage, he said he's seen this several times and that there was a safety recall out for this specific situation. Ford dealership looked up recalls for my car and said there was one for what happened to my car but it was for 99 and newer models and that there was nothing they could do about repairing it under a recall. I called Ford corporate customer service and they told me that there was nothing they could do and wouldn't invest their money into repairing my car. Fortunate for me the incident occurred while backing out of my driveway. If it were on the highway, it would have been a catastrophe. I've been told that the 98S and 99S are very similar, so I don't understand why Ford wouldn't make the repairs at their cost under the safety recall.

- North Andover, MA, USA

Apr 162002

Sable

When consumer moved the vehicle from the driveway, front spring broke causing front left tire to blowout.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA