2000 Mercury Sable suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Mercury Sable:

2000 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Aug 012010

Sable LS 3.0L Duratec

Bought this car for what I thought was a good deal. I paid $1000 for it. It had a couple very small rust spots on the liftgate, and otherwise it is a very presentable, professional looking car. It is the wagon version, but mechanically the same as the sedan. Came with every possible option, except for the 6 CD changer. Knowing the car needed front brake pads when I bought it, I purchased them and began to put them on at home. During this, I glanced underneath the vehicle, and to my horror, the whole front sub-frame was rusted out, with almost a 5 inch hole, right behind where the control arm mounts. For those who don't know much about cars, this is the simple terms--The wheel was about to fall off if it rusted any more.-- I did some research and tried to find parts cars on locally, and on craigslist. Unfortunately, almost all of the vehicles I found had some type of corrosion on the front subframe. These are great overall cars, but absolutely DO NOT purchase one of these cars unless you have it put on a lift, and checked underneath.

- , Stetson, ME, USA