2. rebuild- replace o-rings on piston (1 reports)
2002 Mercury Sable transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Sable:

2002 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Aug 022014

Bought this car from a dealer who said they had it inspected, had it for exactly 12 hours before for some reason, which I'm still not sure about, while on the highway it wouldn't go over 35, and I had to pull over. I restarted it and was able to make it home. I barely drove it the next day, and two days after I was going to bring it to a mechanic after I dropped my boyfriend off at work, and this time while on the highway it wouldn't go under 35 and I hit a guard rail on the exit.

- , East Providence, RI, USA

May 012007

Sable GS 3.0L V6

contacted ford- their solution was to take to a ford dealer to diagnose. after that ford said they would let me know if they could help me. why let a dealership charge $60 plus per hour to find out they weren't going to help? the car wasn't "beat on", it was female driven & well maintained. it is aggravating to say the least to spend that kind of money on a vehicle only to have a catastrophic drivetrain failure when the car is only 12,000 miles out of warranty.what a pisser!!

- , Hicksville, OH, USA