2002 Mercury Sable wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Sable:

2002 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Jul 142007

Sable 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Mercury Sable. The contact stated that all four tires on her vehicle have no tread. These tires were the original tires on the vehicle (Continental, size P215/60R16). The dealer has not been notified. The passenger side tire had a bulge. The vehicle is rarely driven. The tires were rotated at the scheduled time, most recently on June 1, 2005. The dot# was not confirmed; it could be fp-3F1213480aa. Recall # 4512 was listed in her owner's manual, however, it indicated that it was repaired. The fuel system and tire pressure were unknown. The current and failure mileages were 18,000.

- Lincoln Park , MI, USA

Jun 232007

I drove from my home to oxon hill, md, a distance of approximately 30 miles and the steering was bumpy. When I reached my destination, I did a visual inspection of the tires and nothing appeared unusual. After approximately 45 minutes, I resumed driving. About 11 miles later at exit 15 (214/central avenue East) on 95/495 northbound, the sidewall of the right front tire blew out. I was traveling at a speed of about 65 mph. I pulled off the interstate and looked at the tire. The tread had separated from the sidewall and was approximately 3/4 detached. I got off at the 214/central avenue East ramp and pulled to the side of the road. By this time, the tread had separated completely from the sidewall. The tire had 20,000 miles on it and was a starfire flite-line iv P21560R16. We will go back to the retailer who sold us the four tires and plan to get all four tires replaced.

- Odenton, MD, USA