2004 Mercury Sable wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercury Sable:

2004 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

May 152008

NHTSA action number PE08036 we purchased a set of Michelin tires on Oct, 06, from ntb in fredericksburg, va to put on my 2004 Mercury Sable. Within the past 2 mths, I have had to replace all four valve stems. The first went flat, I took it back to ntb, they replaced it. Within 2 weeks, another tire was leaking air. I took it to a different dealer, replaced that valve stem. The next morning I drove to work, when I parked the car, I heard air and another tire was leaking air. I had the last two valve stems replaced. The valve stems broke off. The last tire dealer, little tire in fredericksburg, va, gave me one they took off my car and said they looked as if the valve stems had dry-rotted. I contacted ntb about this problem asking if there was a defect or recall on the valve stems. They told me they would check it out and I have never heard back. I do think these valve stems need to be recalled. It is very dangerous. Luckily, I pay close attention to my car and tires and noticed the leakage before the tire went completely flat or blew out but not all people do that. This is definitely a very serious problem.

- Woodford, VA, USA