2005 Mercury Sable seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mercury Sable:

2005 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Jun 192014

The contact owns a 2005 Mercury Sable. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, the air bag deployed independently. The contact stated that she sustained a contusion to the upper lip, right eye and burns to the right arm. The contact stated that the vehicle was not in a crash however, one month prior to the air bag deployment, there was a flood in her city that shorted out some of the electrical units in the vehicle. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 237,000.

- New Carlisle, OH, USA

Feb 172012

Sable 6-cyl

I was traveling in the passing lane of a highway when the vehicle in front of me slammed on her brakes. I slammed on my brakes but skidded into the back of her vehicle at approximately 50 mph. I was thrust forward and back in my seat and suffered injuries to my neck and back. I went to the hospital by ambulance because I could not move from the head down to my waist. I thought I broke my neck. The whole front end of my car is smashed in and the airbags did not deploy! I have torn ligaments in my neck and numbing in my hands and feet due to injuries. I am diagnosed with sprained ligaments and whiplash and luckily no breaks. I have advanced degenrative cervical disease in my neck which now makes the pain unbearable since the crash! it's only been several days but the issue of the airbag is really bothering me! I can't believe I have airbags installed and they didn't work!!! what good are they"?"

- Harrisburg, PA, USA