9.7

$2,505.00

1. had the transmission rebuilt with updated parts (5 reports)
2005 Mercury Sable transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mercury Sable:

2005 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Nov 082012

Sable GL 3.0L

WELL - WELL Once again After rebuilding the transmission @ 47,352 Miles it has happened again just about 34, 400 miles later and the dam car is back in the transmission shop LORD knows what it will cost 3 years later, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I truly believe that something is wrong with the transmissions in the 2005b Sables. I'm not a lead foot I take very good care of the car. I just find it strange it happened again.

- , West Allis, WI, USA

Sep 212009

Sable GL 3.0L

We were coming home from a funeral, was 200 miles from home when the transmission just stopped working. NO going forward, NO going backwards. It ended the Convertor stripped out and damaged the drive shaft, It was late in the afternoon and by the time we got a rental it was late that night. The car dealer (Kocourek Ford- Lincoln- Mercury in Wausau Wi. )was a jem, he stayed late to help find a rental and even drove the 20 miles to the nearest airport to get the renal. But needles to say 4 day's later and $2575 OOOCCCHHH.

- , West Allis, WI, USA

Nov 022006

Sable LS V6

tranny went out at 40,000 miles p.o.s. it had 36,000 on it when i bought it 30 day warranty dealership would not fix.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Aug 202009

Sable LS V6

2nd transmission in2 years ,what a piece of junk, Edwards transmission was stunned,so the guy felt bad and gave me another transmission and a 3year warranty ,after 2200$ later! so this makes almost 7800$in two years on transmissions and no recall . Edwards told me hes done over 300 same transmissions in a year .i got so fed up sold the p.o.s. and bought another car not ford! have not heard of any recall ,or lawsuits I'm ready to get my money back!

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Oct 152007

Sable LS 3.0L

I had bought a 2005 Mercury Sable in 2006 and in 2007 I had to pay out of my own pocket to have the transmission rebuilt. So, I called Ford and asked about a warranty and they said, that the warranty expires after 36,000 miles, and I was sh*t outta luck. Come to find out. The way Ford builds engines and transmissions is sh*tty, and the man that fixed my car ( one of the only in the area ) said it is a common problem for Fords to have a bad transmission in less and 4 years! So what does that tell ya?? Buy foreign. They cover EVERYTHING in cars up to 100,000 miles no matter what, even if it is something stupid!!

- , Norwalk, OH, USA

Dec 012008

Sable SE V6 24v

I should have paid heed to a friend's advice. My stomach got upset when I read the complaints for the 2005 Taurus. Not sure why there haven't been more complaints for the Sable. Must be nobody was as f'ing stupid as I was to spend that kind of coin on a g-damned Ford/Mercury product. What a worthless piece of crap this car is. Plenty of power with a slush bag of a weak, poor performing transmission that eats itself alive, one drive at a time...

So, the story I got is that the pump shaft in these is made of soft steel - and it fails, shitting metal shavings into your trans, causing more and more damage. The most common symptom from this issue is the trans slipping out of gear. Usually a result of a broken shaft, ruined torque converter... Servicing the transmission will do nothing to prevent this from happening (how about that you stupid-ass ford techs!)...

In closing, Ford Motor Company can kiss my ass. No wonder they are in such dire straits.

- , Victor, NY, USA