2010 Mini Cooper Clubman engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman:

2010 Mini Cooper Clubman Owner Comments

Dec 022015

Cooper Clubman

The contact owns a 2010 MINICooper clubman. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle suddenly shut completely off. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the timing belt was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 64,000.

- Roachester, NY, USA

Jun 152012

Cooper Clubman 4-cyl Diesel

I was driving on the freeway when the oil light came on, I called the dealer within seconds and asked them if this was a concern. They said to drive it in it was probably just the oil level needing topped out. I continued for about a mile when the engine light came on. I pulled off at the next exit and called them back. The again said to bring it in. I walked around the car before proceeding and noted that the front wheel well, tire and wheel were all soaked with oil( passenger side). I called them back and requested a tow truck as when I started it up it made an exceptionally loud hammering noise. I I knew that the engine was going to let go if I continued. The dealer took the car in and called me a day or so later to inform that the timing chain broke a, flattening the valves, messing up the valves and engine block. The told me that it was approx 7,000miles out of warranty. I told them that I had an extended 100,000 service warranty sold to me by the dealer in charleston South Carolina. I was sold this by the "finance manager" and he made me believe that I was covered. The dealer where I live in dublin Ohio, has serviced the car for every required service since it was purchased. They are trying to get MINIto cover the repairs. I had informed them that the odometer always reads about 7 to 8 mph faster than my gps and that the warranty per their instruments would be shorted. The indicated that they would not cut me off in a close situation. The actual power train warranty is 50,000. I have never heard of a timing chain breaking with even a 100,000 miles on it. I have serviced the car at all appropriate intervals as noted in the service records and I pamper the car. I am 61 yrs old and have had many, many cars and do not drive irresponsibly. I believe that this is a known problem by BMW. The mid West auto group has always been exceptional and I have no problems w/them.

- Lewis Center, OH, USA