Trac Off, Abs Light On, Check Engine Light Seal Of This Might Hurt

2001 Oldsmobile Alero accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Alero:

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Aug 142011

Alero GL 2.4L

It would seem to me that with the amount of complaints that have been reported there should at least be by now, some consensus of opinion as to the cause. To say it is electrical is extremely vague.

- , Farmingdale, Select State, USA

Oct 222011

Alero GLS 3.4L

I replaced front wheel bearings 7,000miles ago. Now I have all these lights on and I don't know where to look next. The lights were not on until recently. The cars handles fine,no unusual noises.

- , Canton, MI, USA

Jan 052011

So as already stated by fellow Alero drivers, my car has suddenly been stricken with a sudden barrage of "TRAC OFF" "ABS" & "SERVICE VEHICLE SOON" lights, i don't know what to do about it, i have in the last 6 weeks spent 2 grand on new front tires, new front brakes, and new front wheel bearings, i was beginning to suspect my new-found mechanic was trying to ensure future business by tampering with my car, but i guess it isn't the case if this problem is occurring elsewhere around the country. anyways, i don't really plan on taking my car in for more expensive repairs if there is no light at the end of the tunnel, especially if its a superficial issue without long term harm, if anyone gets a fix for this issue please send up a solution, until then im clueless and grinding my teeth every time i start 'er up.

- , Seattle, WA, USA

Apr 272007

The Trac Off, Service Engine Light, and ABS light comes on stays on and the car dings at me everytime I turn it on, We have had it read many times by a computer but nothing comes up, it just stays on, we have reset the computer and everything and still no change. Its a pain in the ass!!!!

- , Sparwood, BC, Canada

Jul 042006

Alero GLS 2.4L

When we back out of the driveway and put the car into drive after the check engine light comes on as well as the trac off light and the abs light. I think it is one of the speed sensors but they are a true pain to replace.

So we turn off the car and restart and it resets. It is just one of those pain in the ass things.

- , Maryville, TN, USA