NHTSA — Parking Brake: Conventional: Mechanical: Linkage And Cable Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt

2001 Oldsmobile Alero brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Alero:

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Jun 192001

Alero 4WD

Picked up car 1/30/2001 on 4/9/car flat bedded in for brake problems, said it was rear park brake hanging up from rust proofing they replace both rear cables. 5/15 flat bedded again roto on rt. Glazed they replace and adjusted brakes and road tested. 6/19 going shopping with cousin was at a complete stopnext thing the car lunged into the rear of the car in front of us and I still had my foot on the brake. We we all shook up cause it was a sudden jar that we and the people the car hit we all sore from it. Again the car was flat bedded to the service department and they said there was nothing wrong with the brakes the computer said so, and there was no way it could of happened the way I said it did. I fell very upset about the whole thing now I have a car that I've made 5payments on and when I brought it home from getting fixed that I paid $1,201.83 to fix was so scared that I got sick and now I can't even drive the car cause I so scared that the next time I may be killed in it. And now I have a car that I can't afford to traded in cause I've only just made my 5 car payment. And I'm still waiting to hear back from Oldsmobile on the whole thing.

- Rillton, PA, USA