Dashboard Lights Malfunctioning

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

7.0

2. replace key switch (1 reports)
2003 Oldsmobile Alero accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Oldsmobile Alero:

2003 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Sep 152009

Alero GX 3.2L

Upon starting car ,sometimes ( 5 times in last 2 months ) the car starts fine, but there are no dash lights,no radio,no power windows and then in about 20 seconds low and behold everything fires up and lights , radio and windows work fine .I had the ignition switch/module replaced to fix the security light PROBLEM ($450.00) This dash light problem did happen before the ignition switch replacement and again a couple of times since , but the car works great ,just a bit of a pain and i am wondering if it will let me down when i need it the most.

Mrebel

- , Mineville, NS, Canada

Jun 082009

Alero GL

I was driving my car today and the gauges stopped working, the dashboard lights kept flashing on and off, and my radio kept turning on and off. I was nervous that when I got in my car it wouldn't start. I came back out to my car and opened my passenger door (had to use the manual lock b/c the electric lock wouldn't work) and my radio was on despite my car being off.

- , Milwaukee, WI, USA

May 312006

Alero

we have these panel lights go off like crazy! fist the check oil light went on so we changed the oil and the light is still there then the check engine soon came on , and the trac on came on , and today the battery light is on . we have about four lights on on the panel. and last but not least, when ever there is any thing in the trunk the turn signals don't work.

- , Mesa, AZ, USA

Mar 032007

Alero GL V6

The lights to my stereo and heater would go off while I was driving and then come back on randomly. At first I thought the car just had a short, but it started doing it more frequently. Then one day I was at the car wash waiting to drive into the automatic and the lights on all the dash went out and the car wouldn't start again. Turns out the key switch had to be replaced. The parts were $500 and the computer diagnostic couldn't pick up the problem, so the labor on top was horrendous.

- , Logan, UT, USA