Instrument Panel Shrinkage

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

5.3

1. super glue and patience (2 reports)
2003 Oldsmobile Alero accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Oldsmobile Alero:

2003 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Oct 052010

Alero LS

YA NOT EVEN 10YRS OLD INTERIOR VINYL PROBLEM HMM NO WONDER GM QUIT MAKING OLDS

- , East Peoria, IL, USA

May 012011

Alero GL 2.2L

All the leather, or whatever material it's made of, on my dash is shrinking away and showing all the black material underneath and I'm scared my passenger airbag will go off because it's getting so bad. At least it's just on the passenger side though I guess.. I have no idea how to correct it except by parking in the shade 24/7 to prevent further sun damage. I can't even drive the stupid thing right now because it has absolutely no power right now anyway which for some reason, nobody can figure out the cause of.. I'm so done with this Alero, I'm at the point of even considering buying a Ford. Yeah, I really just said a Ford.

- , New Concord, OH, USA

Mar 312006

Alero GLS 3400 V6

click to see larger images

instrument panel shrinkage instrument panel shrinkage instrument panel shrinkage

Ok...shortly after I bought this car (like 2 months after) I noticed the vinyl on the instrument panel started shrinking. this was not covered under warranty, so I was forced to try and rig something up. super glue seemed to work fine. Now the vinyl on the door panels is starting to shrink and separate. Will the drama ever end???

- , Edgewood, MD, USA