NHTSA — Service Brakes, Air: Antilock: Abs Warning Light Problems

2001 Pontiac Aztek brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Aztek:

2001 Pontiac Aztek Owner Comments

May 022005

Aztek 6-cyl

ABS and traction control features have never worked properly; ABS comes on at slow speeds, and sometimes the system just shuts itself off. Dealer and my regular mechanics have dealt with this from 2001 when I purchased the car (a demo) from the dealer (9,152 miles) up to now (2005, 56,925 miles). I have spent a small fortune having this diagnosed and repaired, and Pontiac has told me it is no longer their problem. I have had all the front wheel bearings, hub assemblies, pigtales and harnesses replaced more than once; I have new brakes; I have new front struts (monroe); I have no patience.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA