Electrical System Shorting On And Off

2. replacing body control module (1 reports)
2001 Pontiac Aztek electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Aztek:

2001 Pontiac Aztek Owner Comments

Sep 012011

Aztek 3.4L

the ignition switch does not send the correct voltage to the body control module

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 312011

My car is driving me CRAZY!!!! I really don't know where to start. First off my a/c doesn't work, I had it recharged and nothing but HOT air. I may get a little cooler air if I put it on the highway. Now I'm having this problem with the beeping of the brake light on the dash board every 2-3mins lasting for 20-25mins. It's driving me crazy....... I just don't know what to do? I need some help fast.

- , Louisville, KY, USA

Feb 032009

whole instrument panel blinks on and off. automatic lights and door (and hatch) locks won't work. hatch lock won't even open with key. this occurs only occasionally and don't have any warning when driving and suddenly headlights and everything goes off. can turn onto manual headlight for lights, but instrument panel and radio blinks and windows won't power up or down. apparently this is so common it is referred to as the Aztek Disco effect. owners have went thru many misdiagnosis and repair bills if you don't read the forums that suggest changing the Body Control Module. this is costly and usually has to involve a dealer to just find the the part (if you can handle a moderate rated replacement) and has to go to the dealer to be reprogrammed.

- , Park Hills, MO, USA