NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2001 Pontiac Aztek fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Aztek:

2001 Pontiac Aztek Owner Comments

Mar 212013

Aztek 6-cyl

I contacted Pontiac regarding a recall on my aztec which includes the fuel tank, this is a safety issue since it can catch fire with just a spark from electrical on my car, well they said that I was out of the recall since 2011 I was not even aware there was a recall until I started investigating my problem online, I did not receive any notice regarding this safety issue I am not the original owner I bought it used but I registered it and never received any notice, my children and grandchildren ride in this car, and all they could tell me at Pontiac was we are sorry but you are out of the recall time, and we can schedule you an appointment but we will not pay, so they do not care if someone could possibly die in a vehicle that was a factory default, which is their fault not mine. They are refusing to fix this problem.

- Smithville , TN, USA