A/C Stopped Working

2002 Pontiac Aztek

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Pontiac dealer.

8.3

1. replaced compressor & condenser (4 reports)
  3. dealer replaced part (1 reports)
2002 Pontiac Aztek AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Aztek:

2002 Pontiac Aztek Owner Comments

Nov 152010

Aztek V6

Shop owner called to say he knew why the A/C was not working and could fix it for the price he quoted. It's been in and out of shop 5 or 6 times. We're concerned he will want more money or won't give up back our money. It's not worth more than the money we have already paid him so more money is out of the question.

- , Winterville, NC, USA

May 012010

Aztek

A/C just stopped blowing cold. Worked previous season and recharging did not work

- , Lorton, VA, USA

Apr 172008

Aztek

this car has had so many electrical problem, ac/window/heater/ motor/ transmission/ you name it and it will need or has had$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

- , Marietta, GA, Georgia

Jun 132007

Aztek

I noticed that my a/c was not working in the summer of 2008. I took it to the shop and after paying to have it recharged (about $100), I was told that it would be an additional $1000 to replace a cracked a/c condenser. To date, I have not had this done due to the excessive cost.

- , Holmen, WI, USA

Jun 172007

Aztek V6

My Aztek all of a sudden quit blowing cold air. I spent 20 bucks after haggling with a guy who tried to recharge my A/C coolant, then 100$ at the PONTIAC DEALERSHIP, for them to tell me that they don't know WHY my A/C doesn't work. The A/C Clutch isn't engaging, and the condenser needs to be replaced. This is a POS vehicle in my opinion. Pontiac has no clue what the problems are, and frankly I want my money back. And it figures that all these problems happen RIGHT after your warranty expires. BS if you ask me. And with all the people who report these problems, why doesn't GM have enough balls to fix it????

- , Havelock, NC, USA

Jul 262006

Aztek

Dealer replaced compressor & condenser, while on this repair dealer found another problem with lower intake leak

- , Hillsboro, IL, USA

Sep 222003

Aztek

Nothing like not having A/C in the middle of the summer! The blowers would only blow warm air, it would not cool the air at all. Just 1 in a long list of problems we've had with this car.

- , Toms River, NJ, USA