Loud Noise Coming From Rear Brakes

7.0

2004 Pontiac Aztek brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Aztek:

2004 Pontiac Aztek Owner Comments

Nov 082011

Aztek

1st time, rotors turned and pads replaced. Problem recurred almost immediately.

2nd time, rotors replaced; problem recurred again

3rd time...took to new mechanic, said rotors were defective, replaced rotors problem recurred

4th time...said part was rusted (Sorry my husband knows which one) replaced part

PROBLEM RECURRED AGAIN!

- , Cupertino, CA, USA

Sep 302009

Aztek FWD

I have a 2004 Pontiac Aztek and I have this noise coming from my rear brakes as well. I have 136, 000 miles on my vehicle. It occurred when I had new brakes and rotors installed. I took the vehicle back and they still made that cracking sound. The more they take the brakes off the louder it gets. I then took the car to two separate places and they are dumbfounded as to what is causing this problem. It is embarrassing and annoying. I was told to try and buy more expensive parts but that is not guaranteed to stop this problem. If there are any other ideas on solving this problem, I would love to hear them.

- , Kansas City, MO, USA