NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

1.5

2004 Pontiac Aztek fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Aztek:

2004 Pontiac Aztek Owner Comments

May 222015

Aztek

I have been havibg issues with my call stalling and fuel leakage fpr awhile now and while checking the website for recalls I noticed there were 4 recalls on my car. When called to try and have the recalls fixed, I was told that my cars VIN wasn't on the list for any recalls. But the issues described in the recall is the exact issue I have been experiencing fir the last year or so. Why not let me bring the car in to be checked and if the issue my car is having is the parts on the recall list, just replace them. But no not GM, they refused to even look at the car. So disappointed in GM, especially since I just bought another GM vehicle. Looking in to replacing it now.

- Durham, NC, USA

Jan 192015

Aztek

The contact owns a 2004 Pontiac Aztek. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle accelerated independently and the check engine, fuel tank, and fuel pressure warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 158,000.

- Meshoppen, PA, USA

Aug 012014

Aztek 6-cyl

Seems like the van has been leaking fuel for sometime now as an odor of gas could be smelled when driving but never realized it until the van was parked on the carport and saw a puddle of fuel on the ground.

- San Luis, AZ, USA

Jun 212012

Aztek 6-cyl

My 2004 Pontiac aztec rally edition has a leak in the fuel tank. The dealership is telling me that it is not on recall. I see recalls on the system. Need to know why my model has not been recall.

- Elgin, SC, USA