9.0

2009 Pontiac G5 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Pontiac G5:

2009 Pontiac G5 Owner Comments

Feb 222012

G5

2009 pontiac g5 key won't turn in the ignition. car off and in park , shifter won't move. how do I get key to turn?.

- , Coker, AL, USA

Oct 162011

G5

2009 Pontiac G5 manual trans. 4 cly. The key is stuck in the ignition and will only go in the on and run position will not turn off luckily it is a manual transmission and I can kill it. but my key is on and now have a dead battery . Any ideas please thank you.

Shannon

- , Hayward, CA, USA

Oct 162011

G5

My other Pontiac 2003 is nothing but one problem after another and I don't know why but we bought another pont. I just hope it isn't the same bad luck as the first one . ugg try to buy American and now under stand why so many people turn to imports.

- , Hayward, CA, USA

Aug 182011

G5

Couldn't turn my car off after returning home from work. Tried several options, eventually disconnected the electrical connectors feeding the fuse panel. Key wont turn to removal position in ignition allowing key removal. Engine can be restarted and car driven by reconnecting fuse panel and turning key to start the car. Internet forums say many cars have a manual release button accessible thru a 1"square hole in steering column. I removed the plastic shroud around my column but find no button. Unplugging green plastic wiring connector from ignition module will shut off car and eliminate need to disconnect fuse panel. For now I'm unplugging / reconnecting to get back / forth from work. Internet Forums say a solenoid is probably activated locking the ignition, trying to figure out where it is and planning to disable it if possible.

- , Speedway, IND, USA