2006 Pontiac Torrent AC / heater problems: no heat comes out

No Heat Comes Out

2006 Pontiac Torrent

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Pontiac dealer.

8.1

$1,039.00

2. replace the blend door (3 reports)
  3. recall - ask your dealer! (1 reports)
2006 Pontiac Torrent AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Pontiac Torrent:

2006 Pontiac Torrent Owner Comments

Jan 312013

Torrent V6

I have had to replace wheel bearings, struts, head gasket, and now this heat problem. When I first purchased the vehicle the dealer offered to flush the system and replace the thermostat for $385.00. I passed and then when the gasket went I had the system flushed and the thermostat replaced with no luck.

- , Skowhegan, Maine, USA

Oct 012014

Torrent 3.4L

I have a 2006 Pontiac Torrent. The weather has started to get cooler, I turn on the heat and nothing but cold air comes out no matter which setting I use. The air still switches from vent to floor to defrost but no heat at all.

- , Fairmont, West Virginia, USA

May 102014

Torrent

I am not sure if there is a recall regarding the "no heat" - i took my vehicle to the local mechanic and he can't fix this issue - i will have to take it to a GM dealer to get fixed. This probably will cost large $'s and it totally unacceptable. Please reply if there is a recall on this problem.

- , Baileyville, Maine, USA

Sep 012013

Torrent V6

No heat at all. Dealer shows no recall. Found some information about Blend door flap getting blown completely open if the heater is turned all the way all to the top and the door gets stuck open. This is what is supposes to cause the heating system to not blow any hot air through the heater or the defroster. Very cold, Not fun. I have had the car 6 years and have had no other problems. Waiting to find out how much it will cost to get it fixed. It will require taking the whole dash board off. ???

- , Brownwood, TX, USA

Nov 122013

Torrent LX 3.2L V6

Call 18004628782 for any issues dealing with heating, air conditioning, and ventilation. GM will cover the cost of these repairs through their "special coverage plan". Also, be sure to leave your contact info with the representative so you can be notified if any future "special coverage plans"/recalls are issued. FYI the rep informed me that there will be another "special coverage plan" issued out in a few weeks.

- , Lansing, MI - Michigan, USA

Mar 142012

Torrent

Pretty much done with Chevy. Froze our butts off due to this blend door. Just overheated now for no reason on a freezing day, blew the antifreeze out on the street. Only 130000 kilometers on it. Have been loyal to the domestic cars. Spent over ten thousand trying to keep our last vehicle, a Chevy Trailblazer, on the road. Before that it was an all-wheel drive Astro van who's engine, transfer case ect.ect. self destructed around 200000 kms.

Think I would have learned my lesson by now. I have already subsidized them enough through my income taxes due to the bailouts. Time for an import.

- , Prince Albert, SK, canada

Jan 062013

Torrent V6

Bought my 2006 Pontiac torrent two years ago. The first few years weren't bad, normal wear and tear such as tires, oil changes, etc. Its January and my heat went out dead in the middle of winter. No warning lights have come on to notify me of anything that needs to get done. Haven't went to the shop yet, but after reading many reviews, this seems to be the #1 problem with this SUV. Unsure if its worth the fix, especially since the major issue is that it cost over $1000.00 to fix. Wondering if i should just let it go and stay AWAY from GM cars!!!!!

- , Griffith, IN, USA

Oct 012012

Torrent

Seems to be a common problem as I've read about the blend door or actuator being the source.

A pretty expensive fix as i understand too. Shouldn't such a recurring problem be labeled a defect?

Why they bury such a small fix so deep and takes so much effort to fix is stupid. Common sense says

build the part to last if it's that hard to get to, dealerships say make it cheap in china so we have a job$$.

I'll trade it and F government motors ,

- , Moline, ILL, USA

Nov 132012

Torrent V6

Did a search on the web and found out that this was a common problem for the 2006 Pontiac torrent.. thought that I would have to pay over $ 1100 to get it repaired on a $ 22 part.... have a friend who works for GM... gave me a print out from their computer that has of May 2012, GM as made a recall for this problem for any truck that is less then 10 years old or 197,000 or less... cost me $ 0. Just got it back this evening, Nov 15,2012.... spread the word... ask your dealership to look in their computer for this recall.

- , Barrie, Ontario, canada

Oct 102011

Torrent 3.7L

This is a 2006 Pontiac Torrent, which is a re-badged Chevy Equinox. Apparently the air blend door failure is a common, documented problem on the Internet, but GM and my dealer are somehow blissfully unaware of it. With 7-8 hours of skilled mechanic labor to fix it, I wonder why. There is absolutely no heat in this car - including the defroster. I have filled complaints everywhere and am fixing to be a royal pain in the ass at my dealer. GM should have recalled this obvious manufacturing defect that can be dangerous under freezing conditions. GM doesn't stand behind their products - they should have went bust and let responsible car companies take their place.

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Mar 082011

Torrent

Driving home the other day the heat started blowing cold air. No matter what I did it would not come back on! It was 29 degrees yesterday morning when I drove to work. My hand were frozen with gloves on and I could see my breath inside the car. I have an appointment to have it looked at next week but am contacting Pontiac/GM to make a claim.

- , Newport, RI, USA

Oct 202010

Torrent V6

we live in Canada, winter coming, no heat. Do I need to say more?

- , L'Assomption, Quebec, Canada

Aug 312010

Torrent V6

click to see larger images

no heat comes out

This is the Air Temperature Blend Door it is a common defect with this part on the Torrent & Equinox since they both share the same componets.Many other owners are having the same issue. I will persue GM to reimburse me for this expensive repair for a $35 part repair cost $800 for the labor. The entire dash has to be dismantled in order to get the the part.

- , New Castle, DE, USA

Jan 232009

Torrent V6

REPAIRS FOR THIS CAR ARE VERY EXPENSIVE!!!! THE COMPLETE DASH HAS TO COME OUT FOR THIS PROBLEM TO BE FIXED.... AND WHEN YOU GOT TO PAY BY THE HOUR THIS COST TOO DANG MUCH!!!!! WARRANTY ONLY COVERED UP TO 34,000 I HAD THIS MANY MILE S ON MY CAR IN LESS THAN ONE YEAR!!!

- , Ninety Six, SC, USA