9.3

2. replace battery (1 reports)
2006 Pontiac Torrent electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Pontiac Torrent:

2006 Pontiac Torrent Owner Comments

Oct 102013

Torrent 3.2L V6

I have had my pontiac torrent now since 2006. This is the 4th or 5th time I have had to replace the battery due to it just randomly dying. The battery fully drains with no warning so it's as simple as a I park then go to leave and it was running fine to start with but then won't crank. This is not favorable and leaves me stranded at times. It seems to be an issue that needs to be resolved but no dealership or mechanic detects anything is wrong so they just simply replace the battery, I make it a year or so more, then it's dead again.

- , Statesboro, GA, USA

Aug 012007

Torrent

We are not going on our 4th battery. Something is wrong with this damn truck. The battery dies and we have to pay for it to be replaces even though it is a battery that is suppose to last for several years. There is also problems with the power in the steering wheel with the controls for the cruise and the radio.

- , Pageland, SC, USA

Sep 082010

Torrent SL V6

Summary:

I HAD VISITED THE LOCAL DEALER,CHEVROLET CASTRIOTA IN PORT RICHEY FLORIDA FOR THE SECOND TIME IN 18 MONTHS AGAIN.THE BATTERY WAS REPLACED AT MY COST ,NOT UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY 24 MONTHS AFTER PURCHASING THE VEHICLE NEW AND AGAIN TODAY 18 MONTHS LATER.LOOKS LIKE A PATTERN OF THESE BATTERIES LASTING 1- 2 YEARS. MY ACDELCO BATTERY ON MY PONTIAC TORRENT HAS BEEN REPLACED 3 TIMES IN 4 YEARS. I HAD TO PAY FOR THE SECOND BATTERY OUT OF POCKET SINCE THE ORIGINAL BATTERY ONLY CARRIES LIMITED WARRANTY....EVEN THOUGH THE BATTERY IS NOW COVERED ,THE LABOUR EACH INCIDENT IS NOT. SO EACH TIME I'M IN ITS COSTING MONEY...WHAT A RACKET....THERE'S ALWAYS HAVE BEEN HISTORY OF PROBLEMS WITH THE ACDELCO BATTERIES...I HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS WITH ACDELCO OVER 10 YEARS AGO WITH OTHER VEHICLES BUT EXPECTED THEM TO BE RESOLVED BY KNOW.BUT WE ARE GUARANTEED TO VISIT THE DEALER AND PAY OUT OF POCKET FOR A PRODUCT THAT CARRIES 5 YEAR WARRANTY BUT LASTS 1-2 YEARS WITH LABOUR CHARGES.....,AMAZING....WHERE'S THE CLASS ACTION GURU'S WHEN YOU NEED THEM..HEEE

- , New Port Richey, Florida, USA