NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: No heat, no air conditioning, and visibility issues because of a busted defogger system. Basically, anything coming out of a vent in the 2006 Torrent is broken.

2006 Pontiac Torrent engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Pontiac Torrent:

2006 Pontiac Torrent Owner Comments

Jan 232011

Torrent 6-cyl

When I was driving down the highway I set my cruise control and after driving a little while it reset causing me to slow down in the middle of the highway. The second is when attempting to start my vehicle it wouldn't crank causing me to attempt two or three more times before it was successful. I took it too the dealership twice and they told me nothing was wrong with it. Third I woke up Sunday morning and I had no heat in my truck the heater is blowing cool air I was told that was the blend box. And when I went to fill up my gas tank this morning the fuel meter stopped at 3/4 of a tank when I know it is on a full tank. I have not replaced any parts at this time because I am aware it will cost several hundred dollars to fix the blend box.

- Southaven, MS, USA