2.0

hardy worth mentioning

2007 Pontiac Torrent brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac Torrent:

2007 Pontiac Torrent Owner Comments

Aug 212013

Torrent

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac Torrent. The contact stated while driving 25 mph, the brake applied independently. The contact had to put her foot underneath the brake pedal in order to engage the brake pedal and stop the vehicle. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection.the vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 74,000.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

May 112013

Torrent

My vehicle's brakes began to lock as I was driving down the interstate at 70 mph. This happened when I tapped the brakes to turn off the cruise control. It happened again on the interstate 2 days later in stop-and-go traffic - brakes lock while the vehicle is moving. Let off the gas and it stops itself with very bad shaking. This is a very serious problem. It has happened every day since under stop-and-start conditions and it gets worse and worse until the brakes are completely locked. Vehicle will not move once brakes lock unless it is turned off for approximately 30 minutes. "service traction control" light comes on after this happens. ABS sensor has been replaced for $700 to no avail. In addition, I see a recall for the gas tank. I also had that problem about a year ago - gas was leaking from my tank, but since I live in Louisiana the recall does not apply to my vehicle. That was a $1000 repair, but that's better than it catching on fire, I suppose.

- Prairieville, LA, USA

Apr 292013

Torrent 4-cyl

While driving my stabitrak light came on causing all tires to lock up. I was unable to steer vehicle safely, steering wheel was nearly impossible to turn. All 4 brakes locked up and loud grinding noise could be heard. Vehicle top speed dropped abruptly to 11 mph while traveling on busy interstate. Vehicle started jumping forward and wheels/tires would not turn. I was able to pull vehicle off interstate, to a safe location, within a couple minutes, by using emergency brake, and found brakes and rotors were on fire with flames visable and tires were smoking heavily. The dash light were blinking "service stabitrak" and "traction control off." This incident caused significant damage to my vehicle. This vehicle has not been in any accidents and is used soley on paved roads. There a several hundred other online complaints from owners of same vehicle, with same problem.

- Tulsa, OK, USA