NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

1.7

2007 Pontiac Torrent miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac Torrent:

2007 Pontiac Torrent Owner Comments

May 152016

Torrent

Airbag service light has been on for many months. It is cost prohibitive to have serviced since the dealership says it will cost about $1000 to run it down but that it is probably a sensor in the passenger seat. Stabilitrak service light comes on intermittently while driving but doesn't seem to affect the driving and check engine light has appeared at the same time as stabilitrak light started appearing. Check engine code is egr value needs replaced. My Torrent has 144,000 miles. For many months the ignition will not turn all the way off most of the time. Sometimes it turns off fine and other times I have to wait for a series of clicks before it will turn off all the way. I don't know if it is a computer issue or an ignition issue.

- Rolla, MO, USA

Dec 052014

Torrent

"ignition switch" I am continually having problems with my ignition switch getting stuck, it takes a few minutes but there is usually a click and then it releases. It appears that this is an ongoing problem. My concern is that I am not sure what actually needs to be fixed. I have read enough reviews that it could not be the ignition switch that actually needs to be fixed, can you tell me what is it that has to be repaired so that I do not have to sink tons of money in trying to find out what is actually wrong with it. I have 176,000 miles on my car and I have loved this car. It is and has been a great car, not perfect but a great car. I think in the life of the car I have had to replace a faulty spark plug, a window motor on the drivers side and it is still sluggish so I don't think that was the only problem. The rear window wiper motor has went out. But I would like to at least know what it is that I need to repair on the ignition so I can get it properly repaired the first time as I see other people have had multiple items repaired and it was not really what needed to be. I also have problems with the stable track continually coming on, it will stay on for a while and then it will turn off and then come back on again. Thank-you for your help.

- Jacksonville Beach, FL, USA

Jan 082016

Torrent

The air bag for the passenger set will turn on and off at various times. It will be off when someone is sitting in the seat and on when nobody is in the seat. It does it sitting still as well as moving. The traction stabilizer will turn off when it is dry outside and I am driving. My key will get stuck in the ignition for about 30 to 45 minutes before I can pull it out.. I have to either sit in my car for that length of time or I have to leave the key in the ignition for that length of time and risk someone stealing my car.

- Scottsville, VA, USA

Dec 022013

Torrent

Lost fwd do to wheel bearing hub twice, gas gauge goes to what ever position it wants to even when full of gas. Radio changes stations with out no one touching it. Transmission has a chatter in it now and vehicle only has about 80000 miles on it. Still paying for a lemon

- Proctor, VT, USA

Jun 112008

Torrent

During rainshowers our Pontiac Torrent will start to shudder and loose power. This has happened in heavy highway traffic nearly resulting in an accident. It has been in to the shop five times and no one can seem to find anything wrong with it. It is a 2007 model year with 12500 miles on it.

- Oshkosh, WI, USA