NHTSA — Air Bags: Frontal Problems

2009 Pontiac Torrent seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Pontiac Torrent:

2009 Pontiac Torrent Owner Comments

Jul 122009

I have a 2009 Pontiac Torrent AWD. The passenger side front seat air bag 98% of the time wont turn on for my wife. She weighs 124 pds and that should be more then enough to set it to an "on" position. This is a safety hazard for her. I have had it to the dealer twice and they reset the system but I still have the same problem. The dealer tried to get GM to tell them what was up as to settings and such but they couldn't get anywhere with them. I contacted GM and complained and some person from another country who you could just understand said the same old thing about the car. I know that earlier Pontiac Torrents had this same problem and a recall was done. I think GM still has a problem. Thanks

- Blair, NE, USA