7.7

2012 Ram 3500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ram 3500:

2012 Ram 3500 Owner Comments

Sep 112013

3500 ST 6.7L Diesel

O2 sensor and harness malfunction, three trips to dealer (no loaner vehicle) FINALLY "repaired" I was told by the service manager they had a TSB (they discovered this after three trips)?

Problem reoccurs a year later, truck runs ok, so screw the light. Then on July 4 2014, while on a vacation trip with family, truck goes into "limp home" mode. I took out my trusty OSBDII code reader, cleared the codes and truck started running again. BTW, no dealers working on the fourth...

Call to selling dealer and RAM Customer Service, no help. Call to Cummins, no GD help!

So, my "Henco En Mexico" "merican truck is a POS and the butt heads who sold me this $50K boat anchor are laughing all the way to the bank (financed with my tax-payer money).

RAM sucks a big green tamale!

- , Elkhorn City, KY, USA

Jul 172012

3500 Bighorn 6.7L

This was to me the start of my issues. I bought this truck new in July of 2012 and had numerous problems immediately. None of which have ever been resolved

- , Lakewood, CO, USA

Aug 052013

3500 Laramine 6.7L Diesel

The check engine light goes on every 2 months or so with the codes related to the 02 sensor. It appears that Chrysler does not have a way to fix it.

May 152013

3500 Laramine 6.7L Diesel

Check engine light comes on every 2 months or so. Code is always related to the 02 sensor and it does not appear Chrysler has a way to fix this as it keeps happening. I get lip service from Chrysler for the most part and at this point the truck qualifies under the lemon law. Seems to happen when I have a trip planned or need it to tow the trailer - which is why I bought it. The truck is pretty much dysfunctional.

Oct 102013

3500 Laramine 6.7L Diesel

The check engine light goes on with the codes related to the 02 sensor. This happens every 2 months or so and Chrysler does not appear to be able to fix it.

Jan 182013

3500 6.7L Cummings

This is the 3rd time in the last 8 months last time the harness and o2 sensor had to be replaced. Real bad fuel mileage as well.

- , Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA