2007 Saturn Outlook brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Outlook:

2007 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments

Feb 152016

While driving at 30 mph daah board lit up - engine power reduced - traction control go off and stabiltrak says it's off. I lost all power in car while driving including steering with kids in the car, and incoming traffic. Car would not restart immediately, it took 10 min. For it to start back up and dash lit up stating "starting disabled, service throttle". taking to service repair - saw service.bulletin for other models with same issues.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jan 202016

While driving in the rain all of a sudden my power steering went out and I was forced to manhandle my vehicle off the road and into a parking lot. Within a few minutes the steering came back and I was able to continue home. Along the way this happened twice more. Now the problem lights for stabilitrak service and traction off are both on.

- Huntington, NY, USA

Aug 082015

On two occasions my car stopped driving while going around 40 to 55 mph. I was driving sometime the end of July 2015 when the car stopped without warning while going about 45 mph. The dash lights were on but all panels were on 0. it made a couple of thrusts then stopped. After a minute I put my foot on the gas and the car resumed driving. On August 8th while my husband was driving it going about 55 mph the car stopped again with no warning but finally a warning came on indicating a problem with the stabilitrak and then he was able to press the gas and the car started moving again. We will be making an appointment with dealership service center to find out what the problem is but from my research this seems to be a recurring problem. Thankfully no one was behind us both times or someone could of been seriously hurt. Please investigate this problem before someone does die.

- Acworth, GA, USA

Feb 162015

Outlook 6-cyl

Driving in sub zero weather, I driving on the freeway when my car lost power and now I find out, it is something called "limp" mode. Car would not go more than 35 miles per hour and I had multiple warning lights coming one. How dangerous to be on the highway at 70 miles per hour see a check engine light come on and suddenly realize you have no power. Trying to get into the outer lane and get off the highway almost cost me my life. I was -20 degrees out that day. I found this listed on a web site, sound like GM knows there is a problem already. I work with a girl that has a acadia. She saw my facebook post about my car. She was also on the highway the same day I was and here car was doing the exact same thing my was. Two cars with loss of power at the same time and day. This is dangerous. Here is the link I found regarding this GM has issued a service bulletin to address a problem with oil in air intake duct, along with a check engine light, poor acceleration, and throttle body freezing. The bulletin applies to the following vehicles equipped with the 3.6L engine: 2008-11 Buick enclave, 2007-11 Chevrolet Malibu, 2009-11 Chevrolet traverse,2007-11 GMC acadia,2007-10 Pontiac G6, 2007-09 Saturn aura, 2007-10 Saturn Outlook GM states that the problem occurs after a cold start up or when driving in cold temperatures. If you scan the PCM, ice formation is caused by condensation freezing at the base of the throttle body with additional collection of ice formation deposits in the air inlet duct. Freezing condensation forms after the vehicle has been driven and then parked in low ambient temperatures. Oil deposits are the collection of the engine vapors, fuel dilution and oil mist at the base of the throttle body with additional formation collecting in the duct.

- New Philadelphia, OH, USA

Jan 192015

The vehicle would not shift leaving me stranded - during a Chicago snow storm. I'm being told that it's the transmission again - only now the power tran warranty has expired.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 082014

Bought this piece of crap car out of desperation from a pay as you go rip off car "dealership" who told me nothing about this cars faults and it's done nothing but bite me in the ass since then. Leaks like a stuck pig, causing water to pool at the floor mats, when its cole the inside of the windshield frosts. Headlights will both shut off while driving, battery died so I charged it then the radio went haywire. Opened up the battery terminal to find my battery was encased in ice due to the leaky sunroof, the battery was sparking and smoking. Windows won't go down all of a sudden. I can't wait to get rid of this car. Never again. So dangerous it's ridiculous.

- Bellevue, MI, USA

Apr 242014

Outlook 6-cyl

Very scary. We went on a short vacation in pa and while we were going up a hill, my vehicle suddenly would not shift into gear. We were traveling about 27 mph and the engine RPM went to 7000. I have to quickly pull off the road and call for roadside assistance. Soon after this incident, the check engine light came on. We were towed to the local gas station and the mechanic said it's a transmission problem and would cost over a $1000. I went on the web did some research and found out that this GM module been having transmission problem and GM did absolute noting to resolve this. This is the first time I bough GM and it will be the last.

- South Ozone Park, NY, USA

May 112014

The car caught on fire.

- Carpentersville, IL, USA

Oct 012013

Outlook 6-cyl

Stabilitrak traction control turned off, warning beeps came with a message saying oil pressure low, shut engine off. This is one of many issues I have encountered, among getting a new engine after buying it in 2010 6 months later, because of wave plate issues, timing chain problem, the lift gate not functioning, my husband spent $23K on the car and since then we have put thousands more into the car to have it fixed. Feel unsafe in it an disgusted at how many times I have to get it serviced.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Apr 232013

I just purchased the vehicle. I went out of town with this vehicle and had to stop at some place I didn't know. They hooked the vehicle and found out it was a cylinder misfire. Within the first 2 weeks of purchasing the vehicle the check engine light came on. When found it out was a cylinder misfire I tried calling the dealership and letting them know what happened with the car. The place that checked cleared the service light. Less than two weeks later went to dealership and was informed that they would not check it because the light wasn't on. In July, a few months of having the vehicle than I had the stability track come on as well as the brake light. Went to dealership and they checked and told me they couldn't find anything wrong with it but the brake fluid was half empty. They put some brake fluid in vehicle and told me to go to GM. GM told me that it was the master booster cylinder without looking at the vehicle and told me it would be like almost $700 to fix it. So less than two weeks go by and I drove the vehicle and it was having a hard time before this with the car getting some gas. Beginning of Aug, I start driving it to church and the check engine light came on and the car was barely moving. It was in rpms of 4-5 and I was only going 60 mph, trying too. I had my niece and nephew in the car and they new something was wrong with the car. The car would barely go in reverse at this time. Now the car will not go in reverse at all. The car has only 55,654 miles on it. This is a safety issue and needs to be fixed and recalled.

- Vale , NC, USA

Oct 132010

After less than a year old, the driver side headlight assembly on my 2007 Outlook needed to be replaced. The dealership did the necessary repairs under warranty. In July 2010, I had a headlight out on the passenger side. I brought my car back to the dealership accepting Saturn since Saturn had now closed. I was told that the "headlight harness" had melted. I paid a hefty fee to had that repaired. In October 2010, the same thing happened to the driver's side headlight harness. The dealership offered no suggestion on to how to keep this from re-occurring. Furthermore, I have had to have air "bled" from the "closed" power steering line 3 times. Also, the stabilitrac system will occasionally "turn itself off" causing the car to lose power on turns.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA