2007 Saturn Outlook seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Outlook:

2007 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 012010

Outlook 6-cyl

Our 2007 Saturn Outlook experienced complete system failure -ie everything turned off while driving - more than once. After many trips, some by tow truck, to the dealership service department, GM finally resolved the issue by replacing the car's computer. This was after several near death experiences driving the car and suddenly being without brakes or steering. Now the car leaks, filling the floor mats with water, splashing the driver with water at every change of speed. The seatbelts have black mold, and starting last week, the car isnt starting, likely due to water in the electrical system. We believe the water coming out of the air bag holes may prevent the air bags from functioning properly in a crash. We are not alone with these problems. Please see ' Saturn leaking sunroof' forum on for many more customer complaints just like ours. We have been in touch with GM but expect to be told to 'go to the dealer'.. again. The Chevy dealer we use does not know how to resolve the issue, despite it being a widespread problem with this car (also the other makes of this same model). We do not believe the car is safe. This car was a lemon from the start, but nothing has been done about it.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Jun 062012

Outlook 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook. The contact started the ignition and the front passenger air bag warning indicator illuminated continuously on the instrument panel. The failure recurred sporadically with the passenger seat occupied or when the seat was unoccupied. In July 2012, the front passenger air bag sensor was replaced at the owner's expense. The failure recurred after the repair was performed and the vehicle had not been repaired for the second occurrence. There was a recall associated with the failure under NHTSA campaign in number 07V062000 (airbags:frontal:sensor/control module) however, the contact's VIN was not included. The manufacturer was notified of the malfunction. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000. Updated 10/17/12 the consumer stated the warning lights did not display continuosly. It only flashed once. The vehicle was repaired. Since that time the air bag lights, for the passenger seat, goes on repeatedly. Updated 10/19/2012

- Royal Oak , MI, USA

Mar 012012

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, the air bag light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and the contact was informed that an air bag module needed to be replaced. The contact was also informed that the vehicle was not included in the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 07V062000 (air bags:frontal:sensor/control module). The manufacturer was notified and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Harvey, LA, USA

Apr 182012

I noticed my Outlook leaking water 3 mos. After I bought it. The airbags on passenger side stopped working. The car would not shut off in the garage. The dealer states its a leak that has allowed water to ruin the electronics all over the vehicle. This is a problem all over the internet. No one can fix it.they have 7 tech bulletins...still no fix. The dealership wants $1500 to "start" looking into the problem. Please help me! I can't drive a moldy car with intermittent airbags and possible power steering malfunction with my kids in the car! this will bankrupt me. What do I do?? no one online has found a solution...just 1000's of dollars and scary situations on the road (defrost blowers breaking, losing power steering, engine quitting, water dumping on their laps). Please make them recall this or help us fix it!

- Orting, WA, USA

Jan 062012

Outlook 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook. The contact was driving 40 mph when water leaked from both sides of the front air bags. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was contacted but the vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 94,000 and the current mileage was 101,000. Updated 04/13/12

- Charleston, WV, USA

May 112011

Outlook 6-cyl

Front air bag ip lamp is intermittent and will often show off event though there is a 190 lb. Passenger in the passenger seat. Recycling the key, having passenger enter/exit vehicle results in random state. I.e. sometimes the light is on and will go off at random times and other times is will simply remain off even with someone in the seat. Dealer finds nothing wrong since there is no dtc set but the vehicle is unsafe as you never know if the front air bag will really deploy in an accident.

- Clarkston, MI, USA

Sep 012011

Outlook 6-cyl

2 weeks after purchasing this vehicle, my passenger side airbags would flash red on and off everytime a passenger was getting in and out of the seat. This is a continue concern for me and the safety of my family. I worry that if the airbag is flashing and not working and we get into an accident that someone would get extremely hurt or even killed. There is currently a recall on this issue, but when I called the Saturn hotline to file a complaint, they stated that "my vehicle/VIN # was not on the recall list". this is ridiculous as this is a safety issue and obviously it should be taken care of free of charge at my local GM dealership since it has a recall.

- Whitmore Lake, MI, USA

Dec 112009

Outlook 6-cyl

The passenger airbag sensor fails to recognize that there is a passenger on the seat and the sensor continues to display off, even when the seat belt sensor states that there is a passenger and that the seat belt must be latched. After latching the seatbelts, the airbag sensor still shows off. The dealer was charging $126 dollars to check the problem today 9/27/11.

- N Hollywood, CA, USA

Apr 112011

Outlook 6-cyl

My 2007 Outlook xr leaks water inside of it and is messing up the electrical stuff in it. It has started telling me to have the airbag serviced, so now I am worried that it will either randomly go off or not go off when it is supposed to. It has told me that my car was over heated when I have just started it. It has continued to keep running when I have turned the key off and removed it from the ignition switch. I have read several other complaints on the internet from other owners. Edmunds website has several complaints on there that you can read. I have contacted general motor over this matter because the water leaking in is from factory defects. Other owners have taken their Outlooks in to the General Motors service centers numerous times and their Outlooks continue to leak. I had the top of my Outlook covered with plastic and water still leaked in when it rained. I vacuumed 6 gallons of water out of it and could not get all of the water out, which is going to lead to it molding and mildewing. Something needs to be done to pull these unsafe vehicles off the road.

- Clarkson, KY, USA

Apr 302011

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook. The contact stated that the front passenger seat sensor failed since the light should not be illuminated when someone was in the seat. The light remained illuminated. The vehicle was not inspected by a dealer nor was it repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and an appointment was scheduled. The failure mileage was approximately 79,100.

- Deerborn Heights, MI, USA

Mar 022010

2007 Saturn Outlook airbag saftey light failure in passenger.

- Oxford, MI, USA

Jan 042008

This is a safety issue not an incident passenger airbag is off when 100 lb. Daughter in front seat. This happens 95% of the time. Also, is intermittently on and off with 127 lbs. Daughter. The car was checked by Saturn in cathedral city(which has closed) and GM on varner rd in indio. Neither found any thing wrong. I called customer service. They told me to go to Saturn in riverside( an hour away) they found that the sensor was put in incorrectly. However when I got home the problem still occurred. I brought it back to riverside. The technician said he rode with a girl probably 125 lbs and when they went around a corner she slid and the light went off. I said someone would slide in an accident or you could take a turn and hit something and the airbag would be off. I asked him to put that she slid on the invoice but he refused and said she wasn't seating probably. He kept telling me children are safer in the back seat. Isn't everyone? legally she has every right to be there. She's 12,5'4" and 100. Lbs. My husband has a Pontiac and the airbag is on every time she's there. Recently I was driving on the freeway with my older daughter and the indicator went off. Customer service says they can't do anything because riverside says there's no problem. My children seat correctly but the indicator still goes off or never comes on. This is a safety issue that Saturn refuses to correct. This has been going on for months and I am approaching 30,000 miles when my warranty will be up. Remember it took 3 visits before one shop found the sensor put in incorrectly. I'd appreciate any help on this matter. Thank you

- Palm Desert, CA, USA