NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems

1.7

2008 Saturn Outlook brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Outlook:

2008 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments

Feb 072016

Outlook

My Saturn Outlook became extremely hot by my foot due to this faulty issue (design flaw) while I was driving with my 2 year old son...the master cylinder was leaking into the brake booster..if you google this you will find that this was a design flaw in all lambda frame vehicles in the early years...I had it replaced as the master cylinder was leaking into the brake booster and cost me $900. This was a design flaw by GM and can cause an accident as the car will become low on brake fluid...my car indicitated this by stating on the dash "parking brake was on, service brake system, and traction control off" upon a google search of this I realized that it seems like every other lambda frame vehicle in the early years of production experience this problem as it is a design flaw.

- Yuba City, CA, USA

Jan 012014

Outlook 6-cyl

Jan 2014 had problems with stabilitrac / traction control and transmission entering expressway. The stabilitrac / traction control service soon light came on and then the car began shifting hard as we began to enter traffic, the car then started to lose power we got off the expressway in fear of being hit and went to the dealer were they found nothing wrong. The car continued to do this on and off for some time for the next few months. In June 2014 coming home from a soccer game I my wife our son and another player had this happen again while traveling 70mph on the US23 expressway, stabilitrac / traction control service light came on transmission started shifting hard and then the transmission lost the ability to engage, the car began to slow almost getting hit. (thank god we made it to a safe place) we replaced the transmission because of broken wave plates within the transmission. On 3/7/15 took car in again for stabiltrac / traction control same thing again is happening dealer found nothing wrong told us to bring back when lights are on. 3/14/15 lights came on again took in dealer was unable to find anything wrong. Service adviser there was no danger driving the car but that I might after time begin to loss power and may not be able to travel over 20mph. I explained the history to him his advice was to avoid the expressways. My fear is to die in this car when merging into expressway traffic. After reviewing many complaints about the transmission and traction control / stabilitrac on the internet about the following cars Saturn Outlook, GMC acadia, Chevy traverse and Buick enclave I hope that GM can come up with a fix before anyone has to die!

- Fenton, MI, USA

Sep 012014

Outlook

About every 5 min beeping sound would sound and dashboard stated, service air bag, service brakes/stabilizer & would cutoff cruise control.headlights very dim at night.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Nov 202014

Outlook 6-cyl

Dashboard information center warnings of stabilitrack and service brakes with audible chimes during driving. Went to dealership and found out that the master cylinder was leaking into brake booster. No evidence of brake leak ever. Seems to be ongoing failure with this model of all of GM product lines and a very expensive repair.

- Saint Paul, MN, USA

Oct 012013

Outlook

While driving my car, I noticed the stabiltrak error message on the dash and a message to get my brakes serviced. I thought it would go away, but keep coming up. Took the car into the dealership and have to have the stabiltrak replaced. I have looked online and noticed that this is an issue with a lot of people. Seems like it should be looked into by GM. Can cause major problems with the car like turning over!

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Mar 052013

Outlook

The contact owns a 2008 Saturn Outlook. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, the stability track warning light illuminated as the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the master cylinder needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 114,000.

- Flemington, NJ, USA