NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2.6

2008 Saturn Outlook fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Outlook:

2008 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments

Mar 082015

Outlook

I was driving on the highway and my car start acting like it did not want to shift and the engine light came on, it also had a roaring sound. I pulled over and turned the car off and restarted it, started driving again and the same thing happen again I was able to get the car home and park it. I just drove the car again this morning and things seems to be ok, but when I was leaving from work the engine light came on and the car started acting like it did not want to go. Please advise............. I can not afford to take it back for service, just spent $2900 on what I thought was the same thing. Again GM dealership service department is a rip-off to its customers. Was this vehicle 2008 Saturn Outlook, put together as a piece of junk. I do love the car, because of it is spacious, but have had to spend a lot of money over the past 4 years, closed to $5,000 and it only has 5,740 miles on it.

- Mattapan, MA, USA

Jan 052015

Outlook 6-cyl

Have had several leaks, took it to GM dealership for repair and it cost me $1,600, still leaking, took it back to GM dealership paid $1,300, still leaking. Vehicle on has 57, 000 miles I was told that it could be the transmission. That is why I took it in the first place GM service is an embarrassment, and rip-off to its customers. Will not recommend either one of these dealership in Massachusetts, unless they can prove quality service. Currently, still having the same problem, but can not afford to spend another penny, will have to result to walking, something I cannot physical able to do on long stretch.

- Mattapan, MA, USA