2009 Saturn Outlook seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Saturn Outlook:

2009 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments

Jul 082016

Lowering the 2nd row seat backs broke the center seat belt buckle (receiver) so that the seat belt cannot be used. When I contacted my local GM dealer regarding repair and to ask if there is a lifetime warranty on the seat belts, I was told "no. The repair is $240." Please let me know if there is a lifetime warranty on seat belts or is it just good customer relations by the manufacturers such as Honda that do guarantee them. The bare steel mount has sharp edges so I put a cloth and tape over it to protect my passengers from injury. My vehicle was stationary in my garage when this occurred.

- Springfield, MO, USA

Apr 152016

Recalls 14030, 14187, 15240 dealer contacted to perform recalls refused to call back with appointment date.

- Milford, MI, USA

Dec 032012

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Outlook. The contact stated that the rear driver side seat belt locking mechanism became fractured. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and informed that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V375000 (seat belt). The failure mileage was 38,000.

- Camillus, NY, USA

Oct 152014

Outlook 6-cyl

After folding the second row seats flat to move some lightweight donations I had trouble with the drivers side 2nd row seat belt receiver. I was driving with my 7 year old daughter properly restrained and the seat belt came unlatched and she was unprotected. This happened on two more occasions and then I inspected the seat belt receiver cover and noticed it was cracked. I found nhsta service bulletin number 10V37500 / GM recall no. N100243 and feel as though this recall describes my issue exactly. I brought this to the attention of my dealer, Suburban Cadillac/GMC in troy, mi and they stated my VIN did not apply to this issue. I contend that it should and they said to contact you. I paid $203.40 to have it repaired.

- Troy, MI, USA

Sep 092011

Outlook 6-cyl

The passenger-side seat belt in the middle row releases unexpectedly -- just pops unbuckled for no apparent reason. After this had happened repeatedly, I had the buckle assembly replaced at my cost, about a month ago (August, 2012). It has happened twice since then, to two different passengers. I was told at the dealership, "we know there have been problems with these buckles." I was also told "it is extremely sensitive, be careful not to bump it when it is in use." Ok, so, if there's a crash, just be careful not to bump the seat belt buckle assembly so that it won't let go? this is not safe and needs to be fixed, but the dealership swears that there is nothing wrong with my belt and buckle assembly. This is a very dangerous problem that GM will not even acknowledge. The buckles should not release when "lightly bumped." They should not be "highly sensitive." They should be buckled until they are deliberately released by the passenger!

- Athens, AL, USA