Overheating

1996 Saturn SC1 cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Saturn SC1:

1996 Saturn SC1 Owner Comments

Sep 132002

SC1

I had my oil changed about two weeks ago and two days ago, my oil light went on. When I checked it, it was bone dry. So I added 1 quart and took it back to the Unocal 76 gas station at Bullard/Fresno for the idiots to check out. They just added another quart and said keep and eye on it and bring it back if it continued to lose oil - duh! So yesterday I was driving home and my engine got hot, which has NEVER happened before in the six years I've owned it. So I parked it and checked my coolant this morning (aren't they supposed to do that when they change the oil? Obviously they didn't!). When I checked it there was sludge/mud in my coolant resevoir!!!! Now I have to have it towed to the dealer and wait by the phone for them to tell me what's wrong and how much it's going to cost me!

- , Fresno, CA, USA