1996 Saturn SC1 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Saturn SC1:

1996 Saturn SC1 Owner Comments

Apr 172011

SC1 1.9L

So I bought this car about a month ago and found out it does use oil, the guy I bought it from said it doesn't. Well I accidentally overfilled the oil about a week and a half ago and it started smokin bad, so I drained and refilled to proper level and it doesn't smoke anymore after it burned out, but the problem I have is it is using oil. I drove about 60 miles and it was down a quarter inch on the dipstick already. Compression check is good, 180, 170,170,170 so no problem there. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks

- , Oakley, MI, USA

Nov 152007

SC1 1.9L Sohc I4

between every 3 month/3,000 mile oil change this car will burn about 2(two) quarts of oil depending on driving conditions. with about 6 hours of highway driving it burned up 3/4 of a quart. this car was never neglected in any way. thanks saturn...

- , Rockford, IL, USA