Transmission Failure

8.0

$3,000.00

1. repace transmission (1 reports)
1999 Saturn SC1 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Saturn SC1:

1999 Saturn SC1 Owner Comments

Aug 152006

SC1

When I had the car for three years, I noticed that when I put it in reverse, the automatic transmission would stick. When it would finally realize that I wanted to go into reverse it would then bang into gear. This problem escalated even though I brought it to the attention of the automotive technicians where I bought the car. They apparently didn't see anything wrong with the car. The problem got worse and more frequent. Finally, at approximately 69,000 or so miles the transmission heaved a loud sigh while in 2nd gear (that's when I lost 3rd gear) and the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. I immediately went to an automotive service facility. There a representative informed me that my transmission no longer had 3rd gear and that I needed a new transmission. I felt like I had experienced a death; it was expected and at the same time, I wasn't prepared. I am saddened and angry. At less than 100.000 miles, I need a new transmission! I am not negligent and changed the transmission fluid on my car even though that service is not part of the maintentance plan of the car. What is so interesting is that I previously owned a 1995 Saturn and gave it to my daughter. She also had the same problem with that transmisson. Fortunately she got rid of the car and traded it in for a new car. I, on the other hand, have to pay for a new transmission when I believe that transmission problems are a consistent defect with Saturn cars.

- , Pittsburgh, PA, USA