Transmission Failure

9.0

$2,200.00

1. transmission rebuilt (2 reports)
2000 Saturn SL2 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Saturn SL2:

2000 Saturn SL2 Owner Comments

Jun 182008

SL2

The same thing that happened to bgregs2k happened to me. I had to get a new transmission at less than 46,000 mileage! And I heard that this happens to a lot of cars of this model/year. They don't consider it a safety hazard, so no recall.

Have had other issues with this car, as well. Gas mileage sucks now, too. I can't afford a new car right now; but I've already sunk over $3,000 into this piece of crap over the past year. FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BUY SATURNS!

- , New Hyde Park, NY, USA

Aug 032007

SL2

I was taking some things to my daughter's friend's house where she was at, and when I was done, I put the car in reverse, hit the gas, and didn't move. I had to be pushed out of the driveway so that I could nurse it home. While on the way there, I had a hard shifts at 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd, and no shift at all from 3rd to 4th. I took it to a local place, and they had it for over a week, charging me $2000 to rebuild the tranny.

- , Bolingbrook, IL, USA