Transmission Hard Shift

6.0

2000 Saturn SL2 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Saturn SL2:

2000 Saturn SL2 Owner Comments

Aug 032007

SL2

Having just had my transmission rebuilt less than 2 months ago, my transmission is having some similar problems. When it's a hot day out and I've driven for a while, if I put it in reverse and don't move, it sounds like my brakes are slipping, but the sound comes from the tranny. Also, I've got an on-again, off-again hard shift from 1st to 2nd, and the shift from 3rd to 4th, which usually takes place right at 35MPH, will sometimes take place at almost 39MPH. Driving in rush hour now costs a lot of gas, because at 30MPH I've got a higher RPM than at 45 MPH.

- , Bolingbrook, IL, USA