NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2007 Saturn Sky miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Sky:

2007 Saturn Sky Owner Comments

Sep 012015

Sky

My car was involved with the recall for the ignition. I did have this fixed by a dealer as directed. Soon after this was fixed my car would randomly not start. My car was towed to the dealer who charged me hundreds to trouble shoot this issue with no resolve. After this happened again I brought it to another shop who also charged me hundreds and could not find the issue either. I heard you were looking into this problem with the recall fix and wanted to let you know this has happened to me as well.

- King George, VA, USA

Mar 032015

Sky

Service airbag light is on. This is a known problem with other Sky owners. I have not heard about a recall from GM, even though GM has recalls for the same part on other models.

- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA

Apr 012014

Sky 4-cyl

Sensor in passenger seat.

- Hixson, TN, USA

Jul 232008

Sky

Our office has previously filed a complaint in regard to a 2007 Saturn Sky that we believe is defective. My client's name is matt castro and the pending ODI number is 10237967. On September 10, 2008 General Motors sent out an accident investigator to conduct an inspection of the vehicle. Upon completion of the inspection, Mr. Briscoe noted something peculiar on the SDM information box. Mr. Briscoe, the accident investigator, found that the information given on the box stated the my client matt castro did not have his seat belt on at the time the accident occurred. However, police reports and police statements provide that my client had to have his safety belt cut away to extract him from the vehicle. This discrepancy is of monumental importance if we are to rely on the accuracy of the SDM devices. SDM devices main purpose is to provide accurate data at the time an accident occurs. A defective device failing to record accurate data compromises all further investigations of the vehicle. It is our hope that you address the defective SDM devices on the Saturn Sky with urgency as this problem could only magnify should other incidents arise.

- Houston, TX, USA