9.0

$1,700.00

1. (1 reports)
  2. head gaskets repaired (1 reports)
2001 Subaru Forester engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Subaru Forester:

2001 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Aug 112008

Forester 2.5L

I just paid off my 4 year car loan ( $12,500) on my Subaru Forester in June. And all of a sudden the head gasket went a week or so ago. I found someone to repair it for $800+ dollars - but they thought there might have been something else wrong.

Since I already replaced the transmission, had work done to a failing Steering wheel, did numerous other typical repairs (wheel bearings, struts..) and had other electrical issues that could not be resolved ( clock, headlight with a mind of its own...) I opted to get another car and now it sits with undetermined fate.

I promised Subaru when I was 22 years old that I would never get another Subaru again after they did not do a thing but offer me $750.00 off a new Subaru - when my Transmission went and I will hold my word on that. No more Subaru's for me. EVER.

- , Rumford, ME, USA

Mar 202005

Forester

All you need to do is enter Subaru and "head gasket" in any internet search engine and you will find many people like myself who were faced with huge repair bills for blown head gaskets on the Subaru Forester. Subaru, acknowledging the problem, agreed to pay for half of my repair bill after two -- yes two -- head gasket blew simultaneously. They, arbitrarily, would not pay the full amount and I was out $1,700. They know that this is a problem in their cars but are not standing up for the consumer!! I say steer clear of the Subaru Forester!!

- , Katonah, NY, USA