2001 Subaru Forester
Worst 2001 Forester engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- check engine light is on3
- blown head gasket2
- excessive engine noise when starting on cold days2
- runs roughly at low RPMs1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control23
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine7
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal5
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling3
- NHTSA: Engine2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Subaru Forester Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Forester compares to other years?
Check out our Subaru Forester overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Forester.