4.0

2004 Subaru Forester engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Subaru Forester:

2004 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Jul 142010

Forester XT 2.5L

The XT Forester eats oil almost as fast as the gasoline. Ever 1000 miles I had to dump a quart of oil in it. If I changed the oil every 3000 miles without adding oil the dip stick was dry, and a lot less oil came out than went in. It was bad enough that in the few months before I got rid of the car, I never changed the oil, I just kept adding it every three gas tanks.

- , Newport News, VA, USA