4.0

2000 Subaru Legacy clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Subaru Legacy:

2000 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Feb 212005

Legacy

This car had engine removed for warranty repair and clutch (5 speed manual) worked flawlessly the 12 months including winter driving I owned it. After the engine change I noticed clutch smell even if backing up on flat ground. I have run manual shift cars over 150000 miles with out this problem. Taking it back to dealer he said there was some noise in the throwout bearing but said to let it go. I am really losing my love for Subaru's and it is my third one.

- , Brattleboro, VT, USA