2005 Subaru Legacy
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: A relatively dependable vehicle that handles well in bad weather, but increasing concerns about turbo failure in the GT probably means you should look elsewhere if you want a car with a little pep in its step.
Worst 2005 Legacy Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 40
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 17
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- AC / heater problems1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 20
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 12
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 10
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 8
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 7
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 5
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 5
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 3
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 3
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 3
- steering problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Subaru Legacy Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Legacy compares to other years?
Check out our Subaru Legacy overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Legacy.