- July 15: Subaru Recalls Impreza To Fix Bizarre Airbag Failures
- June 25: Subaru Recalls 72,000 Vehicles To Fix Pre-Collision Systems
2005 Subaru Legacy
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: A relatively dependable vehicle that handles well in bad weather, but increasing concerns about turbo failure in the GT probably means you should look elsewhere if you want a car with a little pep in its step.
Worst 2005 Legacy Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 25
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 3
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Subaru Legacy Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Legacy compares to other years?
Check out our Subaru Legacy overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Legacy.