8.0

$1,500.00

1. replace (2 reports)
2003 Subaru Legacy cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Subaru Legacy:

2003 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Jan 272014

Legacy 2.5 GT Ej251 2.5L H4

click to see larger images

head gasket leak head gasket leak head gasket leak head gasket leak

Received the car with clear knowledge of it overheating. Was told is was a simple failed water pump. Upon inspection the water pump looked to be just fine. I do my own work. Even though this is an unusual motor and car. Removing the motor was a breeze. Out of the car in a few hours. I looked on the block closer and spotted my failed head gasket leaking from the back side. I'm in the process of replacing the parts as I was in a bind for time it could be done within a weekend easily. No special tools all metrics. I was told that the head gasket had been replaced once before but after removing it I was told wrong. It is the stock head gasket. With the help of YouTube. The Haynes manual. And some good friends what some people reported as almost a $2000 job. I'm paying 300 for with a lot of other parts.

- , Palm Bay, FL, USA

Dec 042008

Legacy GT 2.5L

Crack in head gasket. I was told by the dealer that this is quite common in Subaru's and that they are aware of the problem. I have high mileage on my car (all freeway), but it has been regularly maintained. Seems like recently I have excessive problems, beyond the annoying ones that I typically ignore (the loud air noise from the windows, the jittery clutch).

- , Redding, CA, USA