1.6

2003 Subaru Legacy wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Subaru Legacy:

2003 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Jan 032011

Legacy 4-cyl

I have had several studs break off over the years and had to replace all of the studs on my 2003 Subaru Legacy last summer. The last event occurred last summer 2013. By the time I arrived at my 400 mile destination, I had only one stud holding my tire on. Either this is a huge metal defect with the studs or a potential criminal event against our family. I have kept all records from various garages which have replaced the studs over the years.

- Spokane, WA, USA

Aug 142009

Legacy

The contact owns a 2003 Subaru Legacy. Last year the contact had three studs break off on the right rear wheel and now they have three that broke off on the front right wheel. The contact took the vehicle to a mechanic who stated that they had never seen this happen before. The contact spoke with a dealer and was told that they had never heard of the studs breaking off from the wheel. The failure mileage was 107,009 and the current mileage was 129,407.

- Spokane, WA, USA