2006 Subaru Legacy fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Subaru Legacy:

2006 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Apr 022006

Legacy 6-cyl

(1) fuel system ceased to operate while vehicle in motion. This was the second occurrence of this problem (supposedly, servicing corrected the problem after the first time) (2) car was stuck inside a nature reserve that has limited access. Although I have the full warranty package, I could not get appropriate service to tow the car out for 1.5 days, and so missed 1 day of work. (3) the first time this happened, the fuel pump and related parts were replaced. This time, I found and replaced a burnt-out fuse for the fuel pump, and the new fuse immediately burnt out when I tried to start the car. It has now been towed to my dealer (1.5 hours away from where the problem occurred). (4) I have no faith in the safety of this particular (brand new) vehicle. If this had happened on the freeway, I would likely have been hit by vehicles from behind. I do not know whether this problem has occurred with other cars of this same model.

- Palmdale, CA, USA