2008 Subaru Legacy lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Subaru Legacy:

2008 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Nov 142009

2008 Subaru Legacy GT with moisture/condensation buildup in headlight. Automobile was taken to dealership for 15K servicing and was told that condensation buildup is normal during transitional seasons (spring/fall). However I presume that the moisture is causing temporary disruption of the electrical system as the lights function intermittently. Often when the car is started and the lights are turned on, only one of the lights will come on. After turning the lights on and off several times they will both work. I am afraid that I will be in a position where both lights stay off and will not come on forcing me to drive without headlights.

- Arvada, CO, USA

Dec 272007

Legacy 4WD 4-cyl

Since purchasing this vehicle (the day the car was delivered to me) both headlight enclosures contain visible signs of moisture that never goes away. Dealership promised to replace both headlight enclosures when I noticed this problem the day I took delivery of the vehicle. Dealership handed me a tsb that describes a similar condition with my car that disappears after 20 minutes of driving with the lights on. My problem never goes away after any amount of driving. Escalated to Subaru of America. They refuse to address the problem stating "this is a normal condition" so, there has been no action taken to repair this problem to date by the dealership or the manufacturer.

- Leominster, MA, USA