2009 Subaru Legacy body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Subaru Legacy:

2009 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Aug 152009

Opened driver side door one night and as I was pulling door open I was talking to someone who was outside of the car and hit my neck on the window since it has no frame. It was dark, couldn't see the clear glass and never gave it a thought. The window caught my neck at an angle exactly where I had surgery in '07. It hurt and scared me a lot and I thought it did something to my throat. Thank goodness it didn't. if it happened just after my surgery, it could have ripped my neck open. I have never had a car with no window frames before. If I had any idea that something like this could happen, I would not have purchased it. I have gone to two Subaru dealerships with my concerns and have tried to trade it, but of course, the trade in value makes it impossible. So for the moment I'm stuck with it, but it makes me nervous. I don't know if this has ever happened to anyone else, but I sure hope it doesnt happen to me again. Thank you.

- Vershire, VT, USA